Friday, April 15, 2011

8 weeks

Just had my appointment with the orthodontist - its 8 weeks since I had my braces fitted and he said they are straightening up nicely. I said I was concerned about one of my back teeth in particular because it felt very loose; it moved quite a lot when I bit down fully but he said it was OK. Apparently that particular tooth (sorry don't know the technical name exactly, but the one right at the back next to the wisdom tooth) has a single conical root, so when teeth start moving with the braces it tends to wobble around. However he said it would be fine and would tighten up again eventually.

I had the wires changed to a thicker sort. They have a square/rectangle profile this time and he said it would start to change the shape of the arches a bit. I can definitely feel it already mostly on my very front teeth.

Anyway this is how they are looking now:

Upper arch

Lower arch
Biting together

2 comments:

Mulan said...

nice progress!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Its getting better now. My Family dentist in Chandler likes this so much! Thanks a lot for sharing!